(1) The cut-off valve structure is simpler than gate valves, and is more convenient to manufacture and repair.
(2) The sealing surface is not easy to wear and abrasion, good sealing, when closing the valve disc and the body sealing surface between the relative sliding, so wear and abrasion are not serious, sealing performance, long service life.
(3) When closing, the disc stroke is small, so the cut-off valve height is smaller than the gate valves, but the structure length is longer than the gate valve.
(4) The headstock torque is large, the opening and closing is laborious, headstock time headmaster.
(5) The fluid resistance is large, because the valve body medium channel is tortuous, fluid resistance is big, power consumption is big.
(6) Medium flow direction nominal pressure pn ≤ 16MPa, the general use of downstream, media from the disc under the direction of high; nominal pressure pn ≥ 20MPa when the general use of countercurrent, medium from the disc in the direction of dirty. To increase the sealing ability. When used, the cut-off valve medium can only flow in one direction and cannot change the direction of flow.
(7) The disc is often subjected to erosion.
The stem axis of the globe valve is perpendicular to the seat sealing surface. The valve stem is relatively short on the open or closed stroke, and has a very reliable cut-off action, which makes the valve suitable for cutting or adjusting the media and using throttling.